Do you think it’s too late to plant a garden? Think again! Fall is a great time to grow cool season veggies such as broccoli, carrots, lettuces and so much more. The “Fall Factor” signals cooler weather and shorter days, perfect for raising produce long after the traditional growing season has ended. Many of these vegetables taste even sweeter with a touch of frost.
THE BEDFORD EXTENSION MASTER GARDENERS AND THE BEDFORD PUBLIC LIBRARIES TEAM UP ONCE AGAIN TO BRING YOU A TERRIFIC PROGRAM ON FALL VEGETABLE GARDENING.
Master Gardeners will share some tips and tricks to get a fall harvest from your garden. They will discuss what plants are appropriate for fall planting and how to take care of those plants as the weather cools off. Interested in continuing the growing season through winter? Information on cold frames, and easy hoop houses will be discussed. Sample some tasty dishes featuring those fall vegetables. Recipes and ideas on what to do with your fall bounty just adds to the fun!
WHILE THIS PRESENTATION IS FREE, SPACE IS LIMITED SO YOU MUST PREREGISTER AT YOUR PREFERRED LIBRARY LOCATION.
- Montvale (540-425-7006) Tuesday, September 12th @ 3:00 PM
- Moneta (540-425-7004) Saturday, September 16th @ 11:00 AM
- Big Island (540-425-7000) Tuesday, September 19th @ 1:00 PM
- Stewartsville (540-425-7008) Friday, September 22nd @ 3:00 PM
- Forest (540-425-7002) Saturday, September 23rd @ 11:00 AM
- Bedford (540-586-8911) Saturday, September 30th @ 11:00 AM
A BEDFORD MASTER GARDENER/BEDFORD PUBLIC LIBRARIES PROGRAM